Guide for the authors
The journal “Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedeniy. Geologiya i Razvedka” ("Proceedings of Higher Schools. Geology and Exploration") is included by VAK (the Higher Attestation Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation) in the "List of the leading per-reviewed scientific journals, publishing the basic scientific results of Dissertations of the applicants for the degree of Doctor or Doctoral Candidate of Sciences”. The journal publishes the papers of scientific and practical interest. All manuscripts, being submitted to the editorial office, are requested to satisfy the next requirements:
1. The manuscript should be submitted to the editorial office in the paper-printed form in 2 copies on white writing paper. The manuscript should be stated in a tight form with strict scientific language, edited thoroughly. The authors should attach the abstract of the manuscript in Russian (100 – 250 words) with key words and in English with key words (100 – 250 words).
2. The manuscript should be typed on a computer, with the font size 12, two interval spacing, 2.5 cm page margins. The volume of the manuscript should not exceed 12 pages. The printed version of the manuscript should contain marginal notes pointing the location of the figures and tables in the paper.
3. The manuscript should indicate: UDC code (Universal Decimal Classification), the manuscript title, initials and family names of the authors, authors` affiliations and the postal addresses in Russian and English. The manuscript should be signed by all the co-authors. The phone number and the correspondence address (home address recommended) of the corresponding authors should be given at the end of the manuscript.
4. The Greek letters in the printed manuscript should be encircled with a red pencil. The uppercase and lowercase letters with the same writing should be indicated by 2 dashes with a pencil: below the uppercase (capital) letter and under the lowercase one. The letters and signs, being hard to distinguish in manuscripts, are strongly recommended to be explained in the rims.
5. The dimension of all the values, used in the paper, should satisfy the International system of measurement units (SI).
6. The tables should have thematic, not cumbersome titles, which don’t duplicate the text of the paper and the figure captions. The tables should be printed on the separate sheets and attached in the end of the paper.
7. The figures should be sharp, in color and grayscale modes, constructed with any computer graphic software (Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc). It is recommended to provide the figures’ files in a bitmap format as well as in an original format (saving the separate layers: lines, texts, etc), which would allow correcting them in graphic editors. The number of the figure in the paper, the name of the authors and the title of the paper should be written on the backside of the printed figures. The text captions to the figures should be printed on the separate sheet. Microphotography figures should have contrast colors.
8. The list of references should contain all the published works cited and mentioned in the paper in the alphabetic order. When refer to an invention, the next information is required: the author, the name of the invention, the year, the number and the page number in the “Bulletin of inventions”. The references to the works, being published at the moment of the manuscript submission, are not allowed. Bibliographic description for the references should be given in a following way: family name and initials of the authors, the full title of the work (or the title of the collection of the articles), the publishing place (full journal name), the name of the publishing house, the year of publishing, the number of pages (for non-periodic editions) or the range of the pages (for the collection of the article), for periodic editions – the name of the journal, the year of edition, the volume, the pages range. In the text the references should be shown by the number of the source according to the list of references enclosed in the square brackets, i.e. N.M. Strakhov .
9. The using of abbreviations of words or names are not allowed, besides the standard abbreviations of the measures, physical, chemical and mathematical values, names, terms, etc.
10. The authors are requested to provide CD or USB-flash drive copy of the article to the editorial office (Microsoft Word format).
11. The manuscripts not satisfying to the requirements above will be sent to the authors for corrections. The date of the submission is the date of the receiving of the final version by the editorial office.
12. The additional texts and inserts are not allowed when the proof of the paper is prepared.
13. The editorial office reserves the right to edit and reduce the manuscript.
14. The imprints are not sent to the authors.
15. The authors should provide the editorial office with the official letter-recommendation from their affiliation organization signed by the Chief of the organization and certified with a seal.
16. The post graduate students are free for fee for a publication.